Stuck for ideas this weekend? We’ve compiled a handy list to inspire you and help you make this Bank Holiday memorable.
1) Why not treat yourself and your loved ones to a beautifully cooked dinner? Eating out means you can take the night off from the kitchen and away from the washing up. Dress up and head out for a night full of laughter and great flavours. Our Chef Ricketts says he particularly enjoys ‘a good curry, we’re so spoilt in Gloucestershire because there are so many fantastic places to eat out’
2) Olivier our Deputy General Manager says you can’t beat going to a good wine bar. He says the trick to picking a good wine is ‘to select based on your preferred tastes. Look at the region, wines from France, Spain, and Italy tend to be fuller-bodied, subtle and complex meaning the flavour develops. In comparison, so-called ‘new world wines’ tend to be grown in hotter climates, this means the tannin is amplified so they’re fruiter. Rosé should be considered if you are going out as a group and want something for everyone.’
3) Can we suggest our wellness center? It’s the perfect place to escape. Our new Scandinavian style sauna has already been a big hit. Grab your friends and spend the day catching up while basking in the soothing heat. Plus, our hot tub, pool, and steam rooms are designed to help you de-stress – ideal for a tranquil day out of the house.
4) Our Events Manager Sam suggests you ‘head over to Sudeley Castle with the kids, they have a great play area and café. The open space is great for them to run around and I love wandering through the gardens on a summer weekend in Gloucestershire’.
5) Head out on 2 wheels and explore the country lanes of the Cotswolds. With rolling views that stretch for miles, pack a picnic and take yourself off for the afternoon. We offer bike rental should you want to take one out just for the day.
6) Book yourself in for a treatment. Massage is a great way to relax your muscles and unwind. Essential oils transform your skin and mood taking you away to a state of complete calm.
7) See the sights of Tewkesbury. Walking around town it is hard to miss the captivating history. From medieval battlegrounds to the grand architecture of the Abbey, step back in time as you explore the old market town. Stop off for a luxurious Afternoon Tea or 2-course lunch to wrap up your afternoon.
8) Cook up a storm, dinner parties are a great way to socialise and get creative. Throw a lavish dining experience your friends will never forget or heat up the BBQ and enjoy that summer sunshine. Add in some games and a long summer evening and it is sure to be a success.
9) Dawn our Private Parties co-ordinator says she loves to ‘dress up and head out for a night at the theatre’. Whether you go alone, are enjoying date night or want a laugh with some friends there is plenty to see this Bank Holiday.
10) Named as one of the top 100 golf courses in Great Britain and Ireland, we offer an award-winning 18 hole course that is sure to test the most experienced golfer. If you’re new to golf, have a go on our beginner Acorn course. Bring your friends and see who gets the most competitive.